REVIEWING HORROR MOVIES SINCE 2005. POSTING THE CRAP ON THE NET SINCE 2008.


Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008

THE WIG

THE WIG
(Gabal)

Korea/2005

Genre: Horror

Synopsis:
A young woman is discharged from hospital after being treated for a cancer is seems unlikely she will survive. Having endured the devastating effects of her treatment, the woman is left without hair and her sister buyers her a wig, as way of clinging on to the little dignity she has left. However, it's not long before her sister begins to suspect that the wig has a sinister power that is rapidly taking control of her ailing sibling...

Now this was one hariy movie.
I this case, hairy means: Oh my god was that bad.
The movie started off pretty interesting, but lost substance pretty quickly and ended rather unsurprisingly.
The end was even worth a laugh, even though I'm pretty sure the writer didn't intend to make this funny. Yeah. Should have been scary and dramatic, huh? In addition to that, the ending was WAY too long and didn't make as much sense as it should have made. Not even the good acting was able to make up for this...
The beginning - okay, the first 10 minutes- WERE interesting, but then Mr.Hyun-jung Do decited to stop thinking and just get out every cliche of a horror movie he could come up with. It
even has a "cat-jumps-out-of-closet" scene! SCARY!!!
I mean - have you seen the SIMPSONS Treehouse of Horror Episode where Homer is posessed by his toupee? Same story. Only better. Ha.

But I know:
Some call it plagiarism, others call it research....
I call it boring.
End of review.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello there,

    I just wanted to let you know that I'm adding your blog to my list of horror movie blogs. I am a HUGE fan of supernatural horror movies, and in the last couple of years I have gotten quite into Asian horror.

    I am about to split part of my blog out and create a horror movie blog, too. For now, here is the link. You will probably like some of the horror movie reviews, although most of my reviews are not published yet:
    http://www.stephenfrasier.com/

    Keep on watching and writing!
    S


    Keep up the good work.

    AntwortenLöschen